- Swipe over the Japanese subtitle to search the meaning of a Kanji / word / phrase.
- Press and Hold the first character to search the longest recognised word / phrase.
- Single click the dictionary entry to hear the pronunciation.
For details, please check out our Dictionary Feature page.
Normal Play Functions
The bottom set of buttons are
- Back one sentence. ( Press and Hold to fast backward )
- Play / Pause
- Forward one sentence. ( Press and Hold to fast backward )
- A-B repeat ( Press once to set start, press again to start looping )
- Edit subtitle timing
- Options Menu ( and to load Movie and Subtitles )
Edit Subtitle Timing
Both the Japanese and the auxiliary subtitle can be edited right inside the App.
- Press + or – once for small adjustment.
- Press and Hold to fast forward.
- Swipe left or right to navigate through sentences.
Repeat Mode Button Set
- Swipe the bottom Bar to get more play functions.
The default play in this button bar is to
1) Play the same sentence continuous
Press and Hold the play button, it would change to
2) Play the same sentence once
The + and – button refers to tuning the timing of the sentence. Any changes are committed to the subtitle file.
These buttons are particularly for listening training.
Drag the top part of the screen downward would reveal the Search tool.
You can search any word in the subtitle.
You can also search it in the dictionary. ( i.e. use SABU as a dictionary )